Tekk News

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Finally....

Ok, I am finnaly done creating the Server end of my Client/Server application. Or at least I am done for now, until I find some more features to incorporate into it. Migrating the code over to VS2005 was a bit of an annoyance. Even though the initial migration done by Visual Studio claimed that there was no error in the conversion, when I went to run the application, there were over 150 code "warnings" which stopped compilation. Which in-it-of-itself was strange, I am used to warning not actually preventing compilation...but apparently it does in most cases in VS2005. I would consider those errors...not warnings. So it took me roughly about 3 weeks to clear out all the errors and warning, and then to cleanup and revamp a lot of the code to work cleaner in VS2005, mostly in Multi-Threading.

Now I move over to the Client side application which I expect to be easier because there is not as much code in the Client application that there was in the Server application. Once I am done, the Client will have a ton more code then the Server, but right now, it's a work in progress. And I have to have a working application for testing by December. So, I should get back to it...

posted at 11:25 AM by Tekk Guy | Permalink |

0 Comments:

About Me

Name: Tekk Guy
Country: United States




About Me: I'm that tech guy…you know the one. When things are broken, I fix them. When they don't make sense, I explain them. When nothing is getting done, I do it. When a void occurs, I fill it. When there is silence on the call, I state the necessary. I'm that guy in IT that is relied upon by the competent as the nth tier of support, overlooked by management, and despised by the slackers. An InfoTech professional, aficionado of all things technological. I've been getting my geek on full-time since 1993, and have worked with information technology in some capacity since 1997 including VB 4-6, ASP, .Net, SQL, Java, HTML, ColdFusion, VBS, JS, Crystal Reports, COGNOS and more. I've worked on global scale environments for Fortune 500 companies and as a software engineer for local government agencies. My expertise is in Visual Basic currently in the .Net flavor, and focuses on user applications. I am also currently active in the ASP.Net programming arena, specializing in DotNetNuke Module development, site creation, and administration. Stated simply, if you need to get information from a-to-z, I'm the guy you want to see.


See my complete profile

Archives

March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
February 2010
November 2010
April 2013

Recent Entries




Progamming Links

.Net Rocks!
GotDotNet




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com